THE STORY MERCHANTS (hereinafter known as “TSM”, which shall mean and include its affiliates, successors and assigns), a partnership registered under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932, owns and operates this website for the sole purpose of disseminating information about its products and to effect sales of its products.
This Policy constitutes a legal agreement between you, as the Customer of the website, and TSM, as the owner of the website. You must be a natural person who is at least 18 years of age. If you are less than 18 years of age, please read through this Policy with your parent or legal guardian, and in such a case this policy shall be deemed to be a contract between TSM and your legal guardian or parent and to the extent permissible under applicable laws, enforceable against you. If you are a seller, you shall use the website only if you have the necessary permits, licenses and registrations under the applicable laws.
We may update this Policy from time to time. You must periodically review the Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
1. Information Collected
We will use the information provided by you only in accordance with the purposes described in the Policy. During Your use of the Website, We may collect, store, use and process such information from you, including but not limited to the below:
- Personal Information:Sign up page - when you register as a Customer on the Website or avail certain services offered on the Website such as buying a product, providing reviews and testimonials, merely browsing, etc.;
- Information that you provide to us by filling in various forms on the Website such as name, e-mail address, billing and shipping addresses, location and time for pick-up and delivery of the product, phone number, financial information, user name, account number, password, order history etc.;
- Your Personal Information when you access the Website through a social media website/application such as the user name, profile picture, associated e-mail address, any information belonging to you that has been made public in connection with that website/ application, and/or any information or content the social media website/ application has the right to share with TSM. By accessing or connecting to the Website through a social media website/application, you authorize TSM to collect, store, use and retain such information and content in accordance with this Policy.
- Any other information categorized as ‘sensitive personal data or information’ as per the terms of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data of Information) Rules, 2011 under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- Non- Personal Information:
- Information such as your specific identity, browser information, internet protocol address, information collected, details of your internet service provider, the date, time and duration of your usage of the Website, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, etc. that TSM Website gathers some information automatically when you visit the Website and stores it in log files.
- All communications and all information shared between Users, buyers or the Website administrator, through e-mail or the messaging services available on the Website.
2. Use of the Information
TSM, or any third party authorized by TSM, may use the information provided by you in the following ways, viz:
(a) Provide and improve the services offered to you through the Website; (b) Conduct research and analysis to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;(c) Analyze how the Website is used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security; (d) To contact you for delivery of products; (e) Keep track of your shopping bag and wish list; (f) To help you efficiently access the Website; (g) Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of viewers, visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; (h) To notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute; (i) For advertising and marketing communications; (j) To carry out TSM obligations and to process transactions arising from any contracts entered into between you and TSM; (k) To notify you about changes on the Website; (l) Notify you, if possible, in the event We become aware of any breach of the security of your information and take appropriate action to the best of our ability to remedy such a breach; (m) To enable us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
3. Storage, Security:
- Your information is important to TSM. We use reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, reproduction, use or amendment. To achieve the same, we use reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located outside India.
- If you make payments via a payment gateway to complete any transaction on the Website then your credit card data and other financial information may be stored in compliance with industry standards/ recommended data security standard for security of financial information such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- We may share your information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement, which inter alia provides for that such third parties not disclosing the information further unless such disclosure is for the purpose as detailed under that confidentiality agreement. However, We are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your Personal Information. We shall not be liable for any loss or injury caused to you as a result of you providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third party websites are provided on the Website).
- Not with standing anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, TSM shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (a "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond our reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption provided beyond our reasonable control), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity).
- As a registered User with an account and a password, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. By submitting your information on our Website, you agree to the handling of your information by TSM in a manner as stated under this Policy. We will take such steps as we consider reasonably necessary to ensure that Your information is treated securely and in accordance with the Policy.
- In using the Website, You accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the world wide web cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, your use of the Website will be at your own risk.
- You agree and acknowledge that we shall retain all information provided by You until such time as is required by the applicable law or until it is required for Our internal use, whichever is later.
4. Disclosure of Information:
We will share Your information with third parties only in such manner as described below:
- We may share Your information with third parties, including but not limited to, logistics partners, payment gateway partners, data analysts, to provide the services offered to you through the Website and in such an event, the third parties’ use of your information will be bound, among other things, by the Policy. However, We will not disclose any sensitive personal data, such as, bank account details, to the sellers registered on the Website.
- We may disclose your information, to any member of Our related or group companies including but not limited to, Our subsidiaries, Our partner companies, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as the case may be.
- We assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond Our reasonable control and you agree that you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused as a direct result of our gross negligence or willful default.
5. Non- Disclosure of Information
You may choose not to provide identifiable information through the Website, in which case You may not be allowed to access certain features or parts of the Website. If you are a registered user, you may update, edit or correct your account information and e-mail preferences at any time by logging in to your account. If you believe that any of Your information held by Us is inaccurate, you may write to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Severability and Exclusion
We have taken every effort to ensure that this Policy adheres with the applicable laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this Policy shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Policy. This Policy does not apply to any information other than the information collected by TSM through the Website.
7. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The courts at Mumbai, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy.
8. No Waiver
The rights and remedies available under this Policy may be exercised as often as necessary and are cumulative and not exclusive of rights or remedies provided by law. It may be waived only in writing. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any such right or remedy does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy, or any other right or remedy.
Please address Your grievances, feedback or questions, without limitation, with respect to this Policy or any other policy of TSM on the Website, please contact us at email@example.com. You can always withdraw Your consent for usage, processing of Your information by Us by writing to Us at the address mentioned above.